• Sun. Jul 25th, 2021

Police are currently speaking to two teenage girls missing from Victoria who hitchhiked into South Australia overnight and then boarded a school bus

ByDavies

May 28, 2021
0 0
Advertisements
Read Time:2 Minute, 3 Second

Police are currently speaking to two teenage girls missing from Victoria who hitchhiked into South Australia overnight and then boarded a school bus, triggering a coronavirus scare.

Key points:

  • The two girls hitchhiked to South Australia using several different vehicles overnight
  • They met up with another girl and then travelled to Victor Harbor on a school bus
  • Police say they will undergo coronavirus tests

Police said the two girls used different vehicles to hitchhike into the state and travelled to see another girl in Goolwa — more than 200 kilometres from the Victorian border.

The trio then travelled on a school bus from Goolwa with other students to Victor Harbor High School, south of Adelaide, this morning.

“[SA Police] is working with other agencies including SA Health, Victoria Police and Victor Harbor High School to ensure the safety of those on board.”

South Australia imposed a hard border with Greater Melbourne in response to the state’s COVID-19 outbreak on Wednesday.

Police said the two girls were reported “missing from Victoria”, and had since been isolated and were cooperating with authorities.

A still from a Snapchat video shot from within the bus.(Snapchat)

Police described the situation as a “COVID incident”, and said arrangements were being made for the girls to receive coronavirus tests.

SA Police has directed anyone who may have given them a lift to “isolate immediately” and contact the SA Health COVID-19 hotline.

It is unclear where the girls originally came from, and whether they travelled from Greater Melbourne or other coronavirus-affected parts of Victoria.

Victoria today reported four more coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours, taking the number linked to the outbreak in Melbourne to 30.

South Australia’s Department for Education said police initially told the school to keep the children on the bus.

A video shot by a student who was detained on the bus shows police outside the vehicle.

The department said parents of those on board had been contacted and given instructions to isolate their children at home until further advice.

A caller identified as a 14-year-old Victor Harbor High School student phoned into radio station FiveAA and said he was told to stay seated on the bus.

“I was just catching the bus to school, regularly this morning, and when we got to school we got stopped,” he said.

“Everyone was kind of confused and wasn’t sure what was happening and it turns out it was a COVID thing.”

Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.